We Are Citronella Ant Exterminators
EnviroPest has been protecting local homes and families for over 30 years. Our exterminators provide a variety of treatments including our all-natural Citronella Ant pest control solutions that will effectively deal with your issue without requiring you to leave the comforts of your home. As a company committed to organic and proper application of pesticides, our residential pest control solutions have been the right fit for over 100,000 families.
Biology of the Citronella Ant
Citronella Ants are classified as general ants, or household ants are a broad classification of many different species of ant. Most of these species are non-wood infesting, although they will produce frass in substances such as concrete. Colonies do not require control unless the swarmer’s are entering the home or building. Even then, treatment may be difficult because it is difficult to know exactly where the colony is located under the foundation. Sealing the cracks in the floor where the swarmer’s enter may stop the swarm from entering a home or building, but the ants may find other cracks. General ants are most often found around and underneath concrete slabs in the home.
Citronella Ants will emit an odor when threatened, and as you guessed it, it is a lemon citrus odor. The aroma will become very strong when they are crushed. These ants are mainly subterranean and feed on aphids and bugs found in on the roots of ornamentals. There are two species of Citronella Ants, one large and one small. These ants are prevalent in New York and are often confused with termites. When they swarm during their winged reproductive phase, the colors can vary from light yellow to a dark reddish-brown. The workers are typically lighter in tone variations than the swarmers.
Our Industry Leading Citronella Ants Extermination Method
We Start with a Thorough Investigation
Citronella Ants can are located throughout nature. When searching for these ants around homes or buildings, look for high moisture areas. Under rocks, around foundations, and buried slightly into the soil. They can also be prevalent in and around rotting logs or wood. We will often see them in wood buried in the ground around homes and properties.
What to Look for When Hiring a Citronella Ant Exterminator
- The pest management company should be licensed by the state and insured.
- Technicians should be certified pest management professionals and fully licensed in the state.
- The company should be a member of a professional organization, such as the National Pest Management Association.
- The company should have a staff entomologist or access to one.
- Technicians should have experience with Citronella Ant pest control.
- Choose a company based on their quality of service, not the price. Research user reviews and testimonials to solidify your choice.
- A pre-inspection should be conducted to assess the scope of the work.
- The proposed work should follow the steps of integrated pest management, not just pesticide application.
The EnviroPest Complete Service Guarantee
If at any time between services or your guarantee period, you as a customer of EnviroPest are not satisfied for any reason. We will readdress the area in question at no additional charge. We have serviced over 300,000 homes and businesses over 30 years, and our clients rely on us to stand behind the work we perform.
Our continuous inspection and treatment mean a 100% guarantee as long as you have us on the property.
Our service personnel has been trained and certified with over six (6) years of experience in the pest control field as specialists. We do not advocate or provide seasonal labor or “college kids” to provide applications in or around your family or home. Another reason we are the natural choice in pest control.
ASK THE EXTERMINATOR:
How Serious Are Citronella Ants? Are They Dangerous?
Citronella Ants can be a considerable nuisance species when they are in unwanted areas of your property.
How Did I Get Citronella Ants?
Citronella Ants will likely go unnoticed until the populations get large by entering through expansion cracks in concrete slabs or around door openings. They will also enter basements or crawl spaces with high humidity and create a large disturbance with their odor and populations.
Should We Apply Pesticide for Citronella Ants?
Citronella Ants will not reproduce inside the property. The ants will consistently enter and forage for food and moisture without eliminating the outside source. Swarmers will repeatedly occur unless the colony is located. The colonies usually have soil mounds around them, where the burrows of excavated soil are. The best way to eliminate these colonies is to inject the colonies with insecticide. These injection applications are best handled by a professional pest control company considering the highest grade products are available to licensed companies.
How Does EnviroPest Specifically Handle Citronella Ants?
EnviroPest is trained to manage Citronella Ants:
- Inspection – We will inspect and treat not only the areas of infestation but also the areas that are considered high risk areas within a home. The more extensive and detailed the treatment the more effective.
- Prevention – Humidity should be reduced if possible in the high risk areas and any building materials. Moisture should be removed from any area containing highly conducive areas that could create areas of harborage. We can help identify these areas with our clients as we walk through the property.
- Guarantee – We are happy to check after a period of time on whether the problems have been resolved. Areas should be checked regularly considering this issue takes a while to occur and become visible it also should be guaranteed by a proper company after you treat the infestation.
You can also use the onsite chat feature, Free Pest Inspection form on this page, or our online contact form to get in touch with us. Whatever your pest control need, we are happy to help you eliminate it.
Free Pest Inspection!
Why Choose EnviroPest?
- 24/7 Service Available
- We Stand By Every Service—Guaranteed
- Safe, Effective All-Natural Treatments
- Environmentally Conscious
- Fast, Free Inspections & Estimates