We Are Bat Bug Exterminators
EnviroPest has been protecting local homes and families for over 30 years. Our exterminators provide a variety of treatments, including our all-natural Bat Bug pest control solutions that will effectively deal with your issue without requiring you to leave the comforts of your home. As a company committed to the organic and proper application of pesticides, our residential pest control solutions have been the right fit for over 100,000 families.
Our Industry-Leading Bat Bug Extermination Method
We Start with a Thorough Investigation
It’s essential to use a reputable pest control company with trained and experienced New York state technicians. Many firms can’t tell the difference between pests, such as bat bugs and bed bugs because they can be rare. Treating a home for bed bugs won’t wholly eliminate bat bugs. All of our technicians have years of experience in eliminating over 45 types of pests.
These bugs will be attracted to carbon dioxide, just like bed bugs. They are also nocturnal pests and are often seen in bedrooms and mattresses throughout the United States. It is easy to mistake the bat bug for the bed bug.
Bat bugs are slightly smaller in size. They measure 4-5 millimeters compared to the bed bugs 5-6 millimeters. Both take blood meals and will show as engorged and filled with blood after taking a meal. There is a color variation in these pests. Bat bugs are slightly more brown than bed bugs. Unfortunately, many people and even pest control operators can not tell the difference.
Our Treatment Tool-Chest
Bat bugs will begin in the attic or upper spaces of homes or buildings. Any space being inhabited by bats will be a potential source for bat bugs. They start in these areas, but as the population increases, they will work their way to other regions looking for blood meals. Older homes can sometimes be more susceptible to bat infestations. Bat bugs should be eliminated by removing the bats from the house immediately. Also, after removing the bats, the feces or byproducts should be cleaned up and treated. THIS SHOULD BE DONE BY A PROFESSIONAL. Bats carry disease, including rabies, and their feces can cause extensive health issues. Exposure increases substantially during cleanup since the wastes and nesting sites are disturbed, causing airborne pathogens.
Who To Hire
- The pest management company should be licensed by the state and insured.
- Technicians should be certified pest management professionals and fully licensed in New York.
- The company should be a member of a professional organization, such as the National Pest Management Association.
- The company should have a staff entomologist or access to one.
- Technicians should have experience with the bat bug pest control.
- Choose a company based on its quality of service, not the price. Research user reviews and testimonials to solidify your choice.
- A pre-inspection should be conducted to assess the scope of the work.
- The proposed work should follow the steps of integrated pest management, not just pesticide application.
The EnviroPest Complete Service Guarantee
If at any time between services or your guarantee period, you as a customer of EnviroPest are not satisfied for any reason. We will readdress the area in question at no additional charge. We have serviced over 300,000 homes and businesses over 30 years, and our clients rely on us to stand behind the work we perform.
Our continuous inspection and treatment mean a 100% guarantee as long as you have us on the property.
Our service personnel has been trained and certified with over six (6) years of experience in the pest control field as specialists. We do not advocate or provide seasonal labor or “college kids” to provide applications in or around your family or home. Another reason we are the natural choice in pest control.
ASK THE EXTERMINATOR:
How Serious Are Bat Bugs? Are They Dangerous?
Bat bugs do not prefer to feed on humans for their blood meal, but they will feed on humans if bats are not around. Bat bugs do carry pathogens. In fact, they prefer and are a symbiotic species of bats. Bat bugs do not transfer disease to humans if they do bite. Where there are bat bugs, there are bats. Bats can cause illness and carry rabies. Their feces, also known as “guano,” can carry histoplasmosis and can sometimes be fatal if you do not have it cleaned up, depending on the exposure.
Do Bat Bugs Cause Damage?
If you have bat bugs, you most likely have bats living somewhere in the structure. They are going to live and feed in the feces of the bats. You should eliminate all the bats and their wastes and treat the areas to kill the insects and then clean and disinfect.
What Is The Difference Between Bat Bugs and Bed Bugs?
Bat bugs are members of the same family in the species of bed bugs. They are both members of the Cimicidae family. Bat bugs do not prefer to feed on human blood. These two are very difficult to distinguish when looking at them with the naked eye.
How Does EnviroPest Specifically Handle Bat Bugs?
EnviroPest is trained to manage bat bugs:
- Inspection – We will inspect and treat the areas of infestation and the areas that are considered high-risk areas within a home. The more extensive and detailed the treatment, the more effective.
- Prevention – Humidity should be reduced if possible in the high-risk areas and any building materials. Moisture should be removed from any site containing highly conductive areas that could create areas of harborage. We can help identify these areas with our clients as we walk through the property.
- Guarantee – We are happy to check after some time on whether the problems have been resolved. Sites should be inspected regularly, considering this issue takes a while to occur and become visible; a good company should also guarantee it after treating the infestation.
You can also use the onsite chat feature, Free Pest Inspection form on this page, or our online contact form to get in touch with us. Whatever your pest control need, we are happy to help you eliminate it.