How To Check for Bed Bugs
Bedbugs (Cimicidae) originated as parasites which infested nests of birds. There are a lot of lists that discuss how to check for bed bugs. These nasty little creatures feed on blood to survive and have since adapted to feed on any warm-blooded animal (including humans). If you want to avoid a bedbug outbreak, simply follow these easy steps to check for bedbugs in your environment.
- Inspect for bedbug bites.
- Check for bloodstains and excrement on bedding.
- Look at mattresses for eggs, nymphs (adolescent bedbugs), and mature bedbugs.
- Go thru carpets, clothing, curtains, and upholstered furniture for signs of life.
- Check nightstand drawers and other dark hiding places.
Bedbugs don’t just live in dingy bedrooms and questionable hotel rooms. Cruise ships, offices, even schools, can fall victim to a bedbug outbreak.
Residential Preparation For Extermination
Prior to any bed bug service it is important to prepare your entire property for a Bedbug treatment from your service professional. Of course there are specifics that my not be listed on here but feel free to contact your Bedbug Exterminator for more info:
Here is the quick checklist on how to check for bed bugs:
- Strip all Bedding, Sheets, Covers, Pillowcases, Shams, Mattress Covers, etc.
- Take off the mattress and box spring from bed frame and put in middle of room with box spring turned upside down
- Remove headboard and mirrors from wall or dressers
- Pull out drawers from dressers nightstands and entertainment centers in infested room
- Expose all walls to allow for inspection and treatment
- Empty closets and launder contents
- Place all Clothing to be Laundered in a sealed garbage bag before leaving the home
- Remove light switch and receptacle covers and all wall hangings must be removed from wall
- Wash and dry your bedding
- Heat treat pillows and bedspreads with clothes drier
- Remove drapery in rooms, bag and immediately launder. professionally. Alternatively, drapery may be vacuumed and treated with steam while hanging in the infested room.
- Infested mattresses and box springs must have bed cover
- Vacuum infested rooms frequently focusing on seams and other cracks and crevices. Empty contents of vacuum in a bag, seal and discard curbside.
- Fish aquariums may be left on site; however, they should be covered, and air filters must be disconnected.
- Persons with underlying health conditions should consult their family physician where they have concerns regarding re-entry time
To Find Out More About How To Check For Bed Bugs:
Call Today! (855) GET-ENVIRO
If you discover ants, bees, mice or other pest in your home, contact EnviroPest Exterminator NY for immediate relief. Our certified team is educated in the most advanced bed bug protocols and equipped with the state-of-the-art resources necessary for complete eradication of these pests. You can also sign up online or call. We are the exterminators NY trusts and we look forward to discussing your issue.