How To Do A Bed Bug Room Inspection
Once established, bed bugs will spread out toward the perimeter of the room, including walls, moldings, and rugs. They will also burrow between cracks, edges and crevices. To cover all your bases and ensure that a thorough bed bug room inspection of the area has been completed, follow the steps below.
Inspect the Room Perimeter
- Look at moldings or the joint between the floor and wall closest to the bed
- Use the crevice tool to check behind moldings. The tool will chase bed bugs out of hiding if used in a sweeping upward motion
- Fold back the edges of wall-to-wall carpets to inspect for signs of bed bugs
- Pay attention to the tack strip of carpets
- Look under the edges of area rugs
- Using a screwdriver, remove electrical switch and outlet, and phone jack plates to inspect. If bed bugs are hiding in these areas, signs may be evident along the edges and on the back of the plate
- Inspect everything hanging on the walls. If framed art or photos are present and there is evidence of bed bugs nearby, open the frame to inspect inside or under the paper backing
- Check under loose wallpaper and areas of peeling paint
- Take down curtain rods and inspect inside them and underneath hardware on the walls
- Look at closet, bathroom and other door frames, along hinges, and in the bore hole for the latch on each door
- Make a note if bed bugs are found on walls; they may be hiding under ceiling moldings and in smoke detectors
- Ceiling lights and fixtures with bed bugs could indicate that they are moving from the upper floor unit
Although the bed is the most common place for bed bugs to infest, other areas are equally susceptible to them. Our next blog will cover some of the more unusual locations we have found and treated bed bugs.
We Are The Bed Bug Room Inspection Experts
Call Today! (855) GET-ENVIRO
If you discover ants, bees, mice or other pest in your home, contact EnviroPest Exterminators for immediate relief. Our certified team is educated in the most advanced bed bug protocols and equipped with the state-of-the-art resources necessary for complete eradication of these pests. You can also sign up online or call. We’re the exterminators NY trusts and we look forward to discussing your issue.