We Are House Fly Exterminators
EnviroPest has been protecting local homes and families for over 30 years. Our exterminators provide a variety of treatments including our all-natural house fly pest control solutions that will effectively deal with your issue without requiring you to leave the comforts of your home. As a company committed to organic and proper application of pesticides, our residential pest control solutions have been the right fit for over 100,000 families.
Biology Of The House Fly
House flies are well-known cosmopolitan pests of both farm and homestead. Not only are they a nuisance, but they also can transport disease-causing microorganisms. The adult house fly is 1/4-inch long and light gray, with four dark lengthwise stripes on the thorax, pale yellow sides on the abdomen, and reddish eyes. House fly maggots are 3/8-inch long, creamy white, and spindle-shaped.
Our Industry Leading House Fly Extermination Method
We Start with a Thorough Investigation
House Fly Inspection
The first step is to ensure your dealing with house flies and not other types of flies. This is important because eliminating house flies takes some different methods than cluster flies, fruit flies or other flying insects. One of the main keys to eliminating house flies is to identify how they are entering the property (see below.) Another area is to check for conducive areas, including sanitation. Be sure to make sure there is no excessive moisture or standing water inside or outside the property. Be sure to keep all food outside of the refrigerator sealed in airtight containers. Check pet feeding areas for food and pet food storage areas for unclean conditions. Lastly, be sure to keep trash bins sealed and take them outside often. Many times garbage cans are the main source of breeding areas, especially in hot garages.
Our Treatment Tool-Chest For House Fly Problems
We at EnviroPest will inspect and recommend various ways to mitigate and reduce house fly populations in your home or business. There are mechanical methods of elimination that are often implemented in New York State restaurants and food handling establishments as a means to protect food sources and property.
Here are 5 Methods To House Fly Control:
- Pheromone / Attractant Baits – Often, attractant baits will contain anything sweet, including fruits, sugar mixes, or some way to trap houseflies. There are also Pheromone baits used as a sex attractant to lure flies into a trap. These are preferred in many cases because there is no airborne material such as bug zappers or fly swatters.
- Classic Fly Swatters – be sure not to ever swat flies when near food or food-handling areas. This safety measure is to ensure there is a chance of contaminating food sources.
- Light traps (Ultraviolet Traps) – these are useful in certain situations. Of course, flies are attracted to light, but one must be sure to place them where there isn’t another competing light source, and also, these can often attract flies from the outside since they have a strong/powerful light.
- Fly Traps – Sticky paper with attracts on them. The attractants on these are odor based. These can be unsightly, and also they can contain an odor that is not always preferred.
- Chemical Control – applying pesticides on specific areas can eliminate populations inside as well as stop them from crawling into exterior walls interruptions. Designing a plan that works for each property can be very successful
Proper Exclusion Of House Flies:
Sealing or excluding house flies is one way to reduce or eliminate populations on your property. As a professional house fly exterminator, EnviroPest can help you identify these areas and get you long term results to any pest treatments. Here are some ways to seal or exclude house flies:
- Check Windows and Doors – Be sure to make sure all windows and doors are sealed. Check screens and also make sure that these completely seal when closing. Caulk any areas that are not sealing completely.
- Keep Doors and Windows Closed – Be sure to keep your doors and windows closed so you aren’t letting pests as house flies into your home.
- Check Venting and Exterior Wall Interruptions- House flies will enter in the smallest areas, and often times we will find breeding sites in areas around vents in soffits, oven/stove venting, or bathroom fans vents that lead to the inside of the property from the outside. Be sure to caulk any areas that they can enter high and low. Check for under eaves and around side posts for cracks that will allow them inside.
- Check Basement For Water – In New York state, we can often have damp or wet basements. This means we are getting water buildup in the foundation block or along the edges of the basement meant to drain into a sump pump. House flies will often find these areas and use them as a breeding site. Be sure to plug and weep holes with steel wool or something that will still allow seepage but stop anything from going in and out of these conducive environments. Also, be sure to check and make sure your sump pump is draining ad there is no standing water in your basement.
What to Look for When Hiring a House Fly Exterminator
- The pest management company should be licensed by the state and insured.
- Technicians should be certified pest management professionals and fully licensed in the state.
- The company should be a member of a professional organization, such as the National Pest Management Association.
- The company should have a staff entomologist or access to one.
- Technicians should have experience with house fly pest control.
- Choose a company based on their quality of service, not the price. Research user reviews and testimonials to solidify your choice.
- A pre-inspection should be conducted to assess the scope of the work.
- The proposed work should follow the steps of integrated pest management, not just pesticide application.
The EnviroPest Complete Service Guarantee
If at any time between services or your guarantee period, you as a customer of EnviroPest are not satisfied for any reason. We will readdress the area in question at no additional charge. We have serviced over 300,000 homes and businesses over 30 years, and our clients rely on us to stand behind the work we perform.
Our continuous inspection and treatment mean a 100% guarantee as long as you have us on the property.
Our service personnel has been trained and certified with over six (6) years of experience as house fly exterminators. We do not advocate or provide seasonal labor or “college kids” to provide applications in or around your family or home. Another reason we are the natural choice in pest control.
ASK THE EXTERMINATOR:
Do House Flies Bite? Are They Dangerous?
Although many flies do bite, including Black Flies and Horse Flies, house flies do not bite. House flies do pose a health risk to humans. They feed on feces and other containment sources and regurgitate onto our food and living spaces, which can cause illness or even disease.
How Did I Get House Flies?
You are not alone; house flies are everywhere. This notion is especially true in New York state. Although this is a requirement, house flies will thrive in areas with poor sanitation. They breed and flourish in areas of trash, feces, and food that has spoiled. Certain areas and environments around homes or businesses will continue to have house fly issues even if these filthy breeding sites are not easily identified.
Should We Hire A House Fly Exterminator?
Once flies are in a home or business, they will continue to reproduce. This breeding is especially true is they have a food source and a conducive site for breeding. Finding sources and eliminated these conducive sites is only one way to eradicate house fly infestations from your home or business. Having a house fly exterminator treat window and door casings, screens, exterior and interior soffits, attic spaces, and other entry points can stop populations from entering and increasing fly populations inside a property.
How Does EnviroPest Specifically Handle House Flies?
EnviroPest is trained to manage House Flies:
- Inspection – We will inspect and treat not only the areas of infestation but also the areas that are considered high risk areas within a home. The more extensive and detailed the treatment the more effective.
- Prevention – Humidity should be reduced if possible in the high risk areas and any building materials. Moisture should be removed from any area containing highly conducive areas that could create areas of harborage. We can help identify these areas with our clients as we walk through the property.
- Guarantee – We are happy to check after a period of time on whether the problems have been resolved. Areas should be checked regularly considering this issue takes a while to occur and become visible it also should be guaranteed by a proper company after you treat the infestation.
You can also use the onsite chat feature, Free Pest Inspection form on this page, or our online contact form to get in touch with us. Whatever your pest control need, we are happy to help you eliminate it.
Free Pest Inspection!
Why Choose EnviroPest?
- 24/7 Service Available
- We Stand By Every Service—Guaranteed
- Safe, Effective All-Natural Treatments
- Environmentally Conscious
- Fast, Free Inspections & Estimates