Your Local Fruit Fly Exterminator
EnviroPest has been protecting local homes and families for over 30 years. As a fruit fly exterminator we provide a variety of treatments including our all-natural fruit fly control solutions that effectively deal with your issue without requiring you to leave the comforts of your home for more than a few hours.
The fruit fly, A.K.A. Vinegar or Pomace Flies, is often brought into a home or business via fresh fruit and vegetables, or merely fly in through a screen or any tiny opening. The adult fly is about an eighth of an inch long including wings with red eyes and tan colored abdomen and thorax. They are attracted mostly to fresh and fermenting fruits and vegetables.
Fruit Fly, common name for two families of true (two-winged) flies, the larvae of which feed on fresh or decaying vegetable matter. True fruit flies, such as the house fly-sized apple maggot, have intricate, often colorful wing patterns by which females recognize males of their species. They are sometimes called peacock flies because of the way they wave and display their wings in courtship. The term fruit fly is also applied to the much smaller vinegar flies.
Our Industry Leading Fruit Fly Extermination Method
We Start with a Thorough Investigation
Fruit Flies can be an especially tricky pest. There is a good chance that your fruit fly infestation is not confined to one room in your house. Our technicians have the experience and expertise to understand all the possible hiding spots for fruit flies and thoroughly inspect each possible location.
Our Fruit Fly Treatment Tool-Chest
We offer a variety of different treatments for fruit fly extermination and will provide recommendations on which procedure is right for your pest situation.
We promise you a 100% fruit fly-free house, and we guarantee it! If you find that some of those pesky bugs managed to get past our initial assault, we will come back and make sure we treat your house again free of charge.
Fruit Fly - Drosophilidae
The fruit fly is a common pest in homes, restaurants, and other occupied places where food is served. There are many species. However, there is one classified as the common fruit fly.
Fruit Fly Lifecycle
Signs of the Fruit Fly
- Very tiny flying insects hovering near rotting or past ripe fruit
- Near impossible to determine if fruit fly eggs, larvae, or pupa are present
How Did I Get Fruit Flies in My Home?
Health Implications of Fruit Flies
Who To Hire
What to Look for When Hiring Fruit Fly Exterminators
- The pest management company should be licensed by the state and insured.
- Technicians should be certified pest management professionals and fully licensed in the state.
- The company should be a member of a professional organization, such as the National Pest Management Association.
- The company should have a staff entomologist or access to one.
- Technicians should have experience with fruit flies.
- Choose a company based on their quality of service, not the price. Research user reviews and testimonials to solidify your choice.
- A pre-inspection should be conducted to assess the scope of the work.
- The proposed work should follow the steps of integrated pest management, not just pesticide application.
Call Today! (855) GET-ENVIRO
Complete EnviroPest Service Guarantee
If at any time between services or your guarantee period, you as a customer of EnviroPest are not satisfied for any reason. We will readdress the area in question at no additional charge. We have serviced over 300,000 homes and businesses over 30 years, and our clients rely on us to stand behind the work we perform.
Our continuous inspection and treatment mean a 100% guarantee as long as you have us on the property.
Our service personnel has been trained and certified with over six (6) years of experience in the pest control field as specialists. We do not advocate or provide seasonal labor or “college kids” to provide applications in or around your family or home. Another reason we are the natural choice in pest control.
You can also use the onsite chat feature, Free Pest Inspection form on this page, or our online contact form to get in touch with us. Whatever your pest control need, we are happy to help you eliminate it.