We Are Wasp Exterminators
EnviroPest has been protecting local homes and families for over 30 years. Whether it’s yellow jackets or hornets, Our exterminators provide a variety of wasp treatments including our all-natural pest control solutions that effectively deal with your issue without requiring you to leave the comforts of your home for more than a few hours.
Our Industry Leading Wasp Extermination Method
We Start with a Thorough Investigation
Most paper wasps measure about 2 cm (0.75 in) long and are black, brown, or reddish in color with yellow markings. Paper wasps will defend their nest if attacked. Adults forage for nectar, their source of energy, and for caterpillars to feed the larvae (young). They are natural enemies of many garden insect pests. A widespread North American species is the golden paper wasp.
Paper Wasp, common name for medium- to large-sized wasps that construct nests made of a papery material. The nests consist of a single upside-down layer of brood cells (compartments for the young). There are 22 species of paper wasps in North America and approximately 700 species world-wide. Most are found in the tropics of the western hemisphere. Paper wasps are often mistaken for a close relative, the yellowjacket wasp. The paper wasp abdomen is spindle-shaped and tapers at both ends, whereas the yellowjacket abdomen is broad at both ends, similar to that of the honey bee. Paper wasps are slender in appearance and are approximately 8.6 cm long; yellowjackets are robust and are about 1.3 cm in length.
Wasps can be an especially tricky pest. There is a good chance that your infestation is not confined to one room in your house. Our technicians have the experience and expertise to understand all the possible hiding spots for wasps and thoroughly inspect each possible location.
Our Treatment Tool-Chest
We offer a variety of different treatments for hornets, yellow jackets and other wasp extermination, and will provide recommendations on which procedure is right for your pest situation.
We promise you a 100% wasp-free house, and we guarantee it! If you find that some of those pesky bugs managed to get past our initial assault, we will come back and make sure we treat your house again free of charge.
Yellow Jacket / Wasps - Vespids
Yellow jacket workers are about 1/2 inches long, with alternating bands on the abdomen. The queen is larger, about 3/4 inches long.
Yellow jackets, hornets and other wasps are Vespids (Family Vespidae), a group of some of the more dangerous of the stinging insect pests. Yellow jackets are among the smallest of this group of stinging insects. These pests are social, building nests that can be quite large. Nests are made from a material called carton or paper. This material is produced by females who combine their saliva excretions with wood fibers to form the familiar looking paper nest.
A paper nest can be built by hornets, paper wasps and yellow jackets, but the yellow jacket nest is usually not visible. This nest is usually underground but there are many cases where these insects have built nests above ground in the wall voids of homes.
Who To Hire
What to Look for When Hiring Wasp Exterminators
- The pest management company should be licensed by the state and insured.
- Wasp exterminators should be certified pest management professionals and fully licensed in the state.
- The company should be a member of a professional organization, such as the National Pest Management Association.
- The company should have a staff entomologist or access to one.
- Technicians should have experience with wasps.
- Choose a company based on their quality of service, not the price. Research user reviews and testimonials to solidify your choice.
- A pre-inspection should be conducted to assess the scope of the work.
- The proposed work should follow the steps of integrated pest management, not just pesticide application.
The EnviroPest Guarantee
Complete Service Guarantee
If at any time between services or your guarantee period, you as a customer of EnviroPest are not satisfied for any reason. We will readdress the area in question at no additional charge. We have serviced over 300,000 homes and businesses over 30 years, and our clients rely on us to stand behind the work we perform.
Our continuous inspection and treatment mean a 100% guarantee as long as you have us on the property.
Our service personnel has been trained and certified with over six (6) years of experience in the pest control field as specialists. We do not advocate or provide seasonal labor or “college kids” to provide applications in or around your family or home. Another reason we are the natural choice in pest control.
How Does EnviroPest Specifically Handle Wasps?
EnviroPest is trained to manage wasps:
- Inspection – We will inspect and treat the areas of infestation and the areas that are considered high-risk areas within a home. The more extensive and detailed the treatment, the more effective.
- Prevention – Humidity should be reduced if possible in the high-risk areas and any building materials. Moisture should be removed from any site containing highly conductive areas that could create areas of harborage. We can help identify these areas with our clients as we guide through the property.
- Guarantee – We are ready to check after some time on whether the problems have been resolved. However, you should also check trouble areas regularly considering this issue takes a while to occur and become visible; an excellent company should also guarantee it after treating the infestation.