We Are Stink Bug Exterminators
EnviroPest has been protecting local homes and families for over 30 years. Our exterminators provide a variety of treatments including our all-natural Stink Bug pest control solutions that will effectively deal with your issue without requiring you to leave the comforts of your home. As a company committed to organic and proper application of pesticides, our residential pest control solutions have been the right fit for over 100,000 families.
Stink Bugs are not native to New York State. Interestingly, stink bugs were not first noticed in the United States until 1998. Transported from Asia, the Stink Bug has now invaded all 48 states and frustrating homeowners in the process. The name “Stink Bug” comes from their odor from their glands when smashed. Many homeowners find themselves continually cleaning them up as they are frequently coming into the house or finding harbor age in a home for 12 months out of a year.
Controlling the marmorated Stink Bug has become a major priority for many homeowners. These pests have piercing and sucking mouthparts. They also have straight antennae, and they resemble a shield shape on their body. They are anywhere from 10-18mm in length and have dark bands on the front wings.
Reproduction Biology of the Stink Bug:
The female stink bug will lay 15-30 eggs. The female will place these eggs on the underside of ornamental leaf or foliage to protect them from the outside environment. These eggs will hatch into a nymph. These nymphs (immature insects) will have red eyes, and the outside will be yellow and red. The nymphs will molt many times until becoming a full adult before the Fall in New York.
The Industry Leading Stink Bug Exterminator Method
An Ounce of Prevention
Identifying how these pests are entering your home or business should involve spending some time walking around the property. Our trained, certified staff can take some time to help you identify and even seal some of these entry points to avoid future infestations.
5 Tip For Preventing Stink Bugs
- Check For Entry Points – caulking or sealing entry points is a great way to discourage overwintering of these pests. They will crawl into the house once the New York nights start to get slightly cooler. Check areas around doors, windows, soffits, vents, and even roofs for spots they will get into the home.
- Screens on Doors and Windows – Be sure to put screens on your doors and windows during the fall to avoid easy access when a window or door is left open. It sounds simple, but enjoying that cooler air can sometimes lead to pests entering the home like Stink Bugs.
- Weather Stripping – Be sure to check all doors for weather-stripping. Often times this is the simplest way to make sure they cant crawl into these areas. And it will help keep your home better insulated.
- Seal Outside Venting – We often find these pests will crawl into outside venting such as laundry vents or stove-top or oven venting from the outside and find access inside. Check or have a professional check these areas to ensure you are not exposing a major highway for Stink Bugs to enter the house.
- Exterior Treatment – Treating the outside of a home during the warmer months can prevent them from entering the home. Many homeowners find this to be a crucial part of managing these pests.
What to Look for When Hiring a Stink Bug Exterminator
- The pest management company should be licensed by the state and insured.
- Technicians should be certified pest management professionals and fully licensed in the state.
- The company should be a member of a professional organization, such as the National Pest Management Association.
- The company should have a staff entomologist or access to one.
- Technicians should have experience with Stink Bug pest control.
- Choose a company based on their quality of service, not the price. Research user reviews and testimonials to solidify your choice.
- A pre-inspection should be conducted to assess the scope of the work.
- The proposed work should follow the steps of integrated pest management, not just pesticide application.
The EnviroPest Complete Service Guarantee
If at any time between services or your guarantee period, you as a customer of EnviroPest are not satisfied for any reason. We will readdress the area in question at no additional charge. We have serviced over 300,000 homes and businesses over 30 years, and our clients rely on us to stand behind the work we perform.
Our continuous inspection and treatment mean a 100% guarantee as long as you have us on the property.
Our service personnel has been trained and certified with over six (6) years of experience in the pest control field as specialists. We do not advocate or provide seasonal labor or “college kids” to provide applications in or around your family or home. Another reason we are the natural choice in pest control.
ASK THE EXTERMINATOR:
How Serious Are Stink Bugs? Are They Dangerous?
The extent of Stink Bug damage is primarily on shrubs and ornamentals around homes. These pests are not known to cause any structural damage or spread any disease. Most homeowners find these pests a considerable nuisance.
How Did I Get Stink Bugs? Where Do They Live?
Stink Bugs will live, feed and reproduce outside the home. During the cooler months, Stink Bugs will live inside your home or business. When the nights start to become cooler in the late Summer and Fall is when they begin to look for areas within the home to shelter for the winter. During the Winter months, they will hide inside the walls, and when the weather gets warmer, they will emerge.
Should We Hire A Stink Bug Exterminator?
Stink Bugs can fit into any area over 1/8th of an inch. The best approach for preventing is sealing these entry points, but also combine that with a pest application from a professional can get much better results. EnviroPest will provide an initial assessment and apply any material to openings or exterior entry points to prevent stink bugs from entering the property.
How Does EnviroPest Specifically Handle Stink Bugs?
EnviroPest is trained to manage Stink Bugs:
- Inspection – We will inspect and treat not only the areas of infestation but also the areas that are considered high risk areas within a home. The more extensive and detailed the treatment the more effective.
- Prevention – Humidity should be reduced if possible in the high risk areas and any building materials. Moisture should be removed from any area containing highly conducive areas that could create areas of harborage. We can help identify these areas with our clients as we walk through the property.
- Guarantee – We are happy to check after a period of time on whether the problems have been resolved. Areas should be checked regularly considering this issue takes a while to occur and become visible it also should be guaranteed by a proper company after you treat the infestation.
You can also use the onsite chat feature, Free Pest Inspection form on this page, or our online contact form to get in touch with us. Whatever your pest control need, we are happy to help you eliminate it.