We Are Rat Pest Control Experts
For over 20 years, EnviroPest’s rat pest control experts have been around protecting households and families. Our rat pest control experts have a vast knowledge of humane treatments to evict rats from your home once and for all.
About Rats, Roof Rats, Norway Rats and more:
Rats and Mice are constantly invading our homes and buildings, we leave them no alternative but to enter our homes. As the #1 Rat, Mice and Rodent pest control company in New York we evaluate our clients needs. We evaluate how to get rid of rats using control services that can reduce rodent infestations.
Rat populations are expected to continually rise due to the plentiful food supplies and mild climate patterns.
Our homes are designed to keep us warm and protected from all kinds of weather. Why wouldn’t rats want to keep their family safe as well? They are constantly using their front teeth to create entryways into our living structures.
Our Rat Pest Control Method
Humane Rat Removal
EnviroPest’s strategy is to use humane methods to remove the rat as safely as possible. Typically, we try to establish a strategy that forces the animal to leave your home without return, (one-way exit). This way the rats are able to leave and find shelter on their own terms, along with bringing their pups if any are present.
After we safely remove the rat, we find and secure entrance points, such as holes, wires, cracks, and beams – anything they might use to reenter the structure. We make sure that your house is 100% nuisance wildlife proof.
Our rat pest control experts will then complete a proper cleanup to ensure the animal’s harboring area and feces are cleaned up and thoroughly sanitized. This provides safe living conditions for your home after the rodent infestation has been driven out. Rat trapping is one way to eliminate rats but this can sometimes just slow down the reproductive processes. Often was strive for complete rat elimination as opposed to just rat control. Also rat bait stations can be set-up to eliminate as well. Be sure to look for signs of rats since they are neophobic. This means they will hide and are hard to find even as they live in our homes.
Rats - Rattus
The rat is a small scavenger mammal that has proved to be a pest in both urban and rural areas where rats are normally present due to an abundance of food. Not all rats live close to humans. Of the 56 known species, many live in remote habitats like marshlands and rain forests, and some are endangered.
Rats can breed even more efficiently than rabbits and large infestations can quickly develop if not controlled. Rats are capable of reproducing at about 3 months of age. After mating pregnancy lasts for 21-24 days and averaging 6-11 young rats in a litter.
- Do you find rat droppings around dog or cat dishes or pet food storage containers?
- Do you hear noises coming from the attic just after dusk?
- Have you found rmenants of rat nests when dismantling your firewood stack?
- Does your dog or cat bring home dead rat carcasses?
- Are there smudge marks caused by the rats rubbing their fur against beams, rafters, pipes, and walls?
- Do you see burrows beneath your compost pile or beneath the garbage can?
- Have you ever removed a drowned rat from your swimming pool or hot tub?
- Do you see evidence of something digging under your garden tool shed or doghouse?
Rats can gain entry to structures by gnawing, climbing, jumping, or swimming through sewers and entering through toilets or broken drains. Rats, especially young rats, can squeeze beneath a door with only a 1/2-inch gap. If the door is made of wood, the rat might gnaw to enlarge the gap, but this might not be necessary.
Among the diseases rats can transmit to humans or livestock are murine typhus, leptospirosis, salmonellosis (food poisoning), and ratbite fever. Plague is a disease that both roof and Norway rats can carry, but in California it is more commonly associated with ground squirrels, chipmunks, and native woodrats.
Signs of Nuisance Wildlife
- What You’ll See: Search out signs of animals that could be seeking shelter nearby, like feces.
- What You’ll Hear: Listen for sounds of scratching in the walls and ceilings. Animal noises such as a chirp or squeak could imply a problem.
Rats Infestation Implications
- Air quality issues
- Psychological effects
- Structural damage
- Chewed wires
- Health worries
Rodents are warm-blooded mammals that, like humans, can be found throughout the world. The most common rodents we get phone calls about in Rochester are rats and mice. They have oversized front teeth for gnawing and check teeth, which are adapted for chewing. Rodents chew on anything available to them and cause damage in and around homes.
Rodents tend to be rapid breeders. Although certain mice are known for short life spans due to predation, populations are maintained through constant reproduction. High reproduction rates also allow for just a few rodents to become an entire rodent infestation in a relatively short amount of time. Because most rodents possess soft cartilage, they are capable of squeezing through spaces that appear to be much too small for them.
Who to Hire
What to Look For When Hiring Rat Pest Control Experts
- The pest management company should be licensed by the state and insured.
- Technicians should be certified pest management professionals and fully licensed in the state.
- The company should be a member of a professional organization, such as the National Pest Management Association.
- The company should have a staff entomologist or access to one.
- Technicians should have experience with nuisance wildlife.
- Choose a company based on their quality of service. We recommend reading reviews and checking out testimonials before choosing a business.
- A pre-inspection should be conducted to assess the scope of the work.
- Rat exterminator costs compared with the guarantee.
Complete Service Guarantee
- If you are not satisfied with EnviroPest’s results during your guarantee period we vow to readdress the area in question for no additional charge.
- You get a 100% guarantee as long as you’re calling us for the job.
Free Pest Inspection!
Why Choose EnviroPest?
- 24/7 Service Available
- We Stand By Every Service—Guaranteed
- Safe, Effective All-Natural Treatments
- Environmentally Conscious
- Fast, Free Inspections & Estimates