We Are Powderpost Beetle Exterminators
EnviroPest has been protecting local homes and families for over 30 years. Our exterminators provide a variety of treatments including our all-natural Powderpost Beetle control solutions that effectively deal with your issue without requiring you to leave the comforts of your home.
Our Industry Leading Powderpost Beetle Extermination Method
We Start with a Thorough Investigation
Powderpost Beetles can be an especially tricky pest. Originating in non treated wood and beams that can effect the integrity of a structure and create thousands of dollars in damage. This has become ever present in the restoration of older homes or the new styles being designed and created in new homes. Older beams or any non pressure treated wood can be effected. The holes can be hard to see, especially in the early stages. Powderpost beetles will turn wood into a sponge and effectively mandate replacement when used in building structures.
The byproduct they produce will create small pepper like wood crumbs below the damage area. This is the reason the damage can go on for years before being noticed in dark and dusty older basements and crawl spaces.
Our Treatment Tool-Chest
We offer a variety of different treatments for Powderpost Beetle extermination and will provide recommendations on which procedure is right for your pest situation. Sodium Borate products are the effective and safe way to eliminate Powderpost beetles. Treatments can be done by soaking this product into the effected wood products. The treatments can and are also used for preventive in areas of exposed wood or new builds in order to deter and prevent wood destroying insects. Good Sodium Borate products applied for Powderpost Beetles can last for many years after treatment is made.
We promise you a 100% Powderpost Beetle-free house, and we guarantee it! If you find that some of those pesky bugs managed to get past our initial assault, we will come back and make sure we treat your house again free of charge.
Who To Hire
What to Look for When Hiring a Powderpost Beetle Exterminator
- The pest management company should be licensed by the state and insured.
- Technicians should be certified pest management professionals and fully licensed in the state.
- The company should be a member of a professional organization, such as the National Pest Management Association.
- The company should have a staff entomologist or access to one.
- Technicians should have experience with Powderpost Beetle control.
- Choose a company based on their quality of service, not the price. Research user reviews and testimonials to solidify your choice.
- A pre-inspection should be conducted to assess the scope of the work.
- The proposed work should follow the steps of integrated pest management, not just pesticide application.
The EnviroPest Complete Service Guarantee
- If, at any time between services or your guarantee period, you as a customer of EnviroPest are not satisfied for any reason, we will readdress the area in question at no additional charge.
- Our continuous inspection and treatment means a 100% guarantee as long as you have us on the property.
ASK THE EXTERMINATOR:
How Serious Are Powderpost Beetles? Are They Dangerous?
Powderpost Beetles are very serious when they are located in the crawl spaces or basements of older homes or when old beams or wood are used in new build or remodeling projects. Over the last 30 years we have found Powderpost beetles ruining the integrity of a structure. This means jacking up a home or replacing structural beams in a home. We don’t have to say how costly that can be when your fixing or resolving this problem.
How Long Does It Take For Powderpost Beetles To Cause Damage?
Many homeowners will ask about how long it can take for Powderpost Beetles to effectively cause issues in their homes. Primarily this can be hard to determine considering the damage they do starts with them boring holes in the wood and laying eggs. They will continue this process until the wood is turned into a sponge like material. The time frame depends on the moisture content of the wood as well as the type of wood effected. Considering the low toxicity of Sodium Borates and the treatment effectiveness any indication there is damage should be taken seriously.
How Did I Get Powderpost Beetles?
We have heard of Powderpost Beetles coming in all type of products containing wood. This includes flooring, furniture or any wood product can contain them. Powderpost Beetles will spread from one wood product to another so often it is recommended to treat or discard these product is you identify the infestation. The softer the wood the faster they will turn that wood to sponge. Most infestations are purchased with homes. Although home inspectors are supposed to identify this when inspecting home purchases they will often miss this or downplay the significance of the infestation on the future of the homes structure. This is because they can take a long time to become an issue. Unfortunately once many homeowners find out it is too late and they have to repair the damage.
Should We Apply Pesticide for Powderpost Beetles?
There are ways to slow infestations from spreading. This can be done by decreasing the humidity or moisture in these areas of infestation, which may be difficult considering the areas of infestation are usually old crawl spaces or basements. A proper company will used a low toxic application that is primarily sodium (salt) based products. Considering the low toxicity and the damage that can occur, treatment is highly recommended by all professionals.
How Does EnviroPest Handle Powderpost Beetles?
EnviroPest is trained to manage Powderpost Beetles.
- Inspection – We will inspect and treat not only the areas of infestation but also the areas that are considered high risk areas within a home. The more extensive and detailed the treatment the more effective.
- Prevention – Humidity should be reduced if possible in the high risk areas and any wood products not needed that are stored in these areas should be removed or discarded. Any time you are adding wood beams or any wood product to your home or business you should inspect for small pin like holes.
- Guarantee – We are happy to check after a period of time on whether the problems have been resolved. Areas should be checked regularly considering this issue takes a while to occur and become visible it also should be guaranteed by a proper company after you treat the infestation.
Free Pest Inspection!
Why Choose EnviroPest?
- 24/7 Service Available
- We Stand By Every Service—Guaranteed
- Safe, Effective All-Natural Treatments
- Environmentally Conscious
- Fast, Free Inspections & Estimates