We Are Earwig Exterminators
EnviroPest has been protecting local homes and families for over 30 years. Our exterminators provide a variety of treatments including our all-natural Earwig pest control solutions that will effectively deal with your issue without requiring you to leave the comforts of your home. As a company committed to organic and proper application of pesticides, our residential pest control solutions have been the right fit for over 100,000 families.
Biology of the Earwig
Earwigs are beetle-like, short-winged, fast moving insects about one-half to one inch in length. They have chewing-type mouth parts, a pair of pincer-like appendages at the tip of their abdomen and are dark brown in color. Earwigs usually hide in cracks, crevices, under bark or in similar places during the day, but are active foragers at night. They are usually scavengers in their feeding habits, but occasionally feed on plants.
The striped earwig adults are dark brown with light tan markings. The males are large and robust with stout pincers. The females are somewhat smaller and lighter in color than the males. They are usually found outdoors unless populations are large or other conditions are adverse. They enter structures in search of food, a more suitable environment or just by accidental meandering. Because of their nighttime activity, they remain in the soil or under debris during the day. Heavily thatched lawns or mulched flower beds are among their preferred daytime habitat. At night they collect in large numbers around street lights, neon lights, lighted windows or similar locations where they search for food. Favorite foods include armyworms, aphids, mites and scales. They also forage on food scraps or dead insects.
Our Industry Leading Earwig Extermination Method
We Start with a Thorough Investigation
Earwigs are one of the most recognizable pests that homeowners see. There is something off-putting to these pests with the pincers on the rear end of what looks like a segmented ant body. While not found as often as other pests in homes, they can breed and live in the right conditions.
Some of the ways we can help with our inspections are to recommend specific repairs and check certain areas. We can check your yard for standing water or moisture issues. Be sure to rake up leaves and/or yard waste. Keep ornamentals (shrubs, trees, etc.) from touching your home. Keep your yard properly mowed and trimmed. Check around your home for gaps, especially around doors, windows, and where pipes or wires enter the home. Caulk these entry areas.
Call Today! (855) GET-ENVIRO
What to Look for When Hiring a Earwig Exterminator
- The pest management company should be licensed by the state and insured.
- Technicians should be certified pest management professionals and fully licensed in the state.
- The company should be a member of a professional organization, such as the National Pest Management Association.
- The company should have a staff entomologist or access to one.
- Technicians should have experience with Earwig pest control.
- Choose a company based on their quality of service, not the price. Research user reviews and testimonials to solidify your choice.
- A pre-inspection should be conducted to assess the scope of the work.
- The proposed work should follow the steps of integrated pest management, not just pesticide application.
The EnviroPest Complete Service Guarantee
If at any time between services or your guarantee period, you as a customer of EnviroPest are not satisfied for any reason. We will readdress the area in question at no additional charge. We have serviced over 300,000 homes and businesses over 30 years, and our clients rely on us to stand behind the work we perform.
Our continuous inspection and treatment mean a 100% guarantee as long as you have us on the property.
Our service personnel has been trained and certified with over six (6) years of experience in the pest control field as specialists. We do not advocate or provide seasonal labor or “college kids” to provide applications in or around your family or home. Another reason we are the natural choice in pest control.
ASK THE EXTERMINATOR:
How Serious Are Earwigs? Are They Dangerous?
Earwigs can be a nuisance if they are in your house. They are attracted to moist places, and although they won’t damage, they are likely there because you have excessive moisture in certain areas. If your seeing earwigs, be sure to check your home for wet and moist places to avoid damage to your home and property. There are cases where earwigs have used their pincers to pierce an adult’s skin, but these pests are more likely to run than fight if confronted.
Do Earwigs Cause Damage?
Earwigs can be a nuisance if they are in your house. They are attracted to moist places, and although they won’t damage, they are likely there because you have excessive moisture in certain areas. If your seeing earwigs, be sure to check your home for wet and moist places to avoid damage to your home and property.
How Did I Get Earwigs?
Be sure to check for high moisture areas around your home include: Such as under bathtubs and shower stalls; Mulch and locations around the foundation; Kitchen areas such as behind fridges and under sinks.
How Can I Get Rid Of Earwigs?
Earwigs aren’t trying to get into your home or property for food, but like most general nuisance pests, they are looking for the climate that your home provides. They will enter when the weather gets colder outside and will usually find areas such as the basement or high humidity areas to live in. One way to stop them from entering the property is to seal up the property, so they cant find cracks or crevices to enter. Also, getting an exterior treatment and a targeted pesticide treatment by a licensed company to the source areas will stop them from getting inside and breeding on the property.
How Does EnviroPest Specifically Handle Earwigs?
EnviroPest is trained to manage Earwigs:
- Inspection – We will inspect and treat not only the areas of infestation but also the areas that are considered high risk areas within a home. The more extensive and detailed the treatment the more effective.
- Prevention – Humidity should be reduced if possible in the high risk areas and any building materials. Moisture should be removed from any area containing highly conducive areas that could create areas of harborage. We can help identify these areas with our clients as we walk through the property.
- Guarantee – We are happy to check after a period of time on whether the problems have been resolved. Areas should be checked regularly considering this issue takes a while to occur and become visible it also should be guaranteed by a proper company after you treat the infestation.
You can also use the onsite chat feature, Free Pest Inspection form on this page, or our online contact form to get in touch with us. Whatever your pest control need, we are happy to help you eliminate it.