We Are Bird Mite Exterminators
It can be difficult to find bird mite exterminators when you’re searching for a qualified professional company. Most companies are too large to have the trained staff to recognize the issue, and often they are only concerned with sales and not training on specialized pests. Small one man firms are often not experienced enough to handle these types of special treatments. But EnviroPest can help.
EnviroPest has been protecting local homes and families for over 30 years. Our exterminators provide various treatments, including our all-natural bird mite pest control that will effectively deal with your issue without requiring you to leave the comforts of your home. As a company committed to the organic and proper application of pesticides, our residential pest control solutions have been the right fit for over 100,000 families.
Our Industry-Leading Bird Mites Extermination Method
Identification First – Bird Mite Biology
Bird mites are a parasitic insect feeding off birds that are common to New York State. They are semi-transparent in color until they take a blood meal from their host. Combined with bird mite’s minimal size, it is tough to see them with the naked eye. Even when they are on your skin or taking their blood meal, people will often not know they are hosts until rash or irritation of the skin.
Urban areas can be prone to infestation from species like pigeons and starlings. Any bird can carry mites, but bird species in close contact with the human population will be the most considerable risk. We will frequently receive calls of tiny insects located around window frames or on the skin and face. Many people claim they are the only ones to spot them or barely distinguish them at all, but detect them on the skin in large numbers. Like tiny mites around people’s eyes and openings, they are infesting areas near attics or soffits where the bird nesting sites are. Bird mites are attracted to the carbon dioxide given off by humans or potential hosts.
Our Treatment Tool-Chest
Mite treatments should be extensive and thorough because these pests will harbor in any area and are difficult to detect. They also have substantial populations, making them difficult to eliminate without multiple treatments or complete and through applications. Our staff will spend the time to inspect the entire home or structure and find the source. We will take the time to go through all the sections that could be potentially infected.
Call Today! (855) GET-ENVIRO
Who To Hire
What to Look for When Hiring a Bird Mite Exterminator
- The pest management company should be licensed by the state and insured.
- Technicians should be certified pest management professionals and fully licensed in New York State.
- The company should be a member of a professional organization, such as the National Pest Management Association.
- The company should have a staff entomologist or access to one.
- Technicians should have experience with bird mite pest control.
- Choose a company for its quality of service, not the price. Research user reviews and testimonials to solidify your choice.
- A pre-inspection will be conducted to assess the scope of the work.
- The proposed work should follow the steps of integrated pest management, not merely pesticide application.
The EnviroPest Complete Service Guarantee
If at any time between services or your guarantee period, you as a customer of EnviroPest are not satisfied for any reason. We will readdress the area in question at no additional charge. We have serviced over 300,000 homes and businesses over 30 years, and our clients rely on us to stand behind the work we perform.
Our continuous inspection and treatment mean a 100% guarantee as long as you have us on the property.
Our service personnel has been trained and certified with over six (6) years of experience in the pest control field as specialists. We do not advocate or provide seasonal labor or “college kids” to provide applications in or around your family or home. Another reason we are the natural choice in pest control.
ASK THE EXTERMINATOR:
How Serious Are Bird Mites? Are They Dangerous?
Bird mites can repeatedly bite in the event of an infestation. Like their name, bird mites are searching for birds to feed. They will bite humans, but only as a test bite. Like a shark, they are searching for their primary source of a blood meal—unfortunately, hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of these tiny insects in an infestation. Bird mites inject saliva when biting. This species can lead to rash and irritation to any host’s skin, and specifically, human skin can be susceptible.
How Did I Get Bird Mites?
Conditions within homes or commercial buildings that support bird nesting harborage will be subject to bird mites. These areas include structures with good access to water, roosting areas, and sources for food, including insects. We have seen soffit or exterior wall nesting sites be particularly subject to bird mite infestations. Outside access for birds allows the mites to work their way inside the structure. It is important to note that the mites will move once the nesting site doesn’t have the blood meal (birds or young) in the nest. They will also move from the nesting site once the population of mites gets large. For this reason, it’s essential to seal and resolve the access points as part of the solution.
Should We Apply Pesticide for Bird Mites?
Pesticides should contain an adulticide to kill the late stages and Insect Growth Regulator to kill the early stages and sterilize the reproductive cycles. Bird mites do not always die on their own.
As Bird Mite Exterminators, How Does EnviroPest Specifically Handle This Pest?
Removal of the nesting sites will not eliminate the issue most of the time. EnviroPest will remove, treat, and eliminate the problem by treating source areas to kill the adults and the eggs. The cleanup and prevention of reinfestation involve excluding birds from entering the property and applying an insect growth regulator (IGR) to stop. Future egg cycles.
EnviroPest are the trained Bird Mite Exterminators:
- Inspection – We will inspect and treat the areas of infestation and the areas that are considered high-risk areas within a home. The more extensive and detailed the treatment, the more effective.
- Prevention – Humidity should be reduced if possible in the high-risk areas and any building materials. Moisture should be removed from any site containing highly conductive areas that could create areas of harborage. We can help identify these areas with our clients as we move through the property.
- Guarantee – We are happy to check after some time on whether the problems have been resolved. Sites should be inspected regularly, considering this issue takes a while to occur and become visible; a good company should also guarantee it after treating the infestation.
You can also use the onsite chat feature, Free Pest Inspection form on this page, or our online contact form to get in touch with us. Whatever your pest control need, we are happy to help you eliminate it.