We Are American Cockroach Exterminators
EnviroPest has been protecting local homes and families for over 30 years. Our exterminators provide a variety of treatments, including our all-natural American Cockroach pest control solutions. These will effectively deal with your issue without requiring you to leave the comforts of your home. As a company committed to the organic and proper application of pesticides, our residential pest control solutions have been the right fit for over 100,000 families.
Our Industry-Leading American Cockroach Extermination Method
Identification First – American Cockroach Biology
The American cockroach is the biggest of the common peridomestic cockroaches. On average, the American cockroach measures 4.1 cm. It happens in structures all through the United States and especially in commercial buildings. American cockroaches can be found in commercial and residential buildings. Often industrial and manufacturing will be a source for boxes or transport of cockroaches. The American cockroach is second to the German cockroach in infestations and populations thought New York and The United States.
American Cockroaches are around 2.1 inches in length. The adults are reddish-brown or mahogany colored. The immature cockroaches resemble adults, but they are wingless and grey-brown. Adults have wings but rarely fly. They will live outdoors and be active in temperatures above 84 degrees.
Who To Hire
What to Look for When Hiring an American Cockroach Exterminator
- Be sure the pest management company should be licensed by the state and insured.
- Technicians should be certified pest management professionals and fully licensed in the state.
- The company should be a member of a professional organization, such as the National Pest Management Association.
- The company should have a staff entomologist or access to one.
- Technicians should have experience with American Cockroach pest control.
- Choose a company based on its quality of service, not the price—research user reviews and testimonials to solidify your choice.
- A pre-inspection should be conducted to assess the scope of the work.
- The proposed work should follow the steps of integrated pest management, not just pesticide application.
The EnviroPest Complete Service Guarantee
If at any time between services or your guarantee period, you as a customer of EnviroPest are not satisfied for any reason. We will readdress the area in question at no additional charge. We have serviced over 300,000 homes and businesses over 30 years, and our clients rely on us to stand behind the work we perform.
Our continuous inspection and treatment mean a 100% guarantee as long as you have us on the property.
Our service personnel has been trained and certified with over six (6) years of experience in the pest control field as specialists. We do not advocate or provide seasonal labor or “college kids” to provide applications in or around your family or home. Another reason we are the natural choice in pest control.
ASK THE EXTERMINATOR:
How Serious Are American Cockroaches? Are They Dangerous?
With a propensity for living in bathrooms and dumpsters, cockroaches spread thirty-three (33) sorts of bacteria. They also contain six (6) kinds of parasitic worms and, at any rate, seven different types of human microorganisms. They can get germs on the spines of their legs and bodies as they creep through rotting matter or sewage and transfer onto surfaces for food. Cockroaches get germs eating from decaying matter or sewage which can stay inside their bodies. They may remain infective for over two (2) weeks.
Late clinical investigations have indicated that cockroach allergens cause allergies in children. After inhaling these pathogens, homeowners can develop asthma or the start or respiratory problems.
Prevent Cockroaches from Invading Your Home?
Practicing adequate sanitation alongside vacuuming can help prevent the introduction. Cockroaches are attracted to moisture areas, so they will be attracted to the kitchens or the bathrooms. Also, check your homes for other areas of high moisture to eliminate pest issues like cockroaches.
American cockroaches will often enter a home or apartment in cardboard boxes or electrical appliances. Make sure to cover any breaks or gaps where cockroaches could enter. Be sure to tidy up any spills or food wrecks, and thoroughly check any materials brought inside the home since insect egg housings can be found inside furnishings, boxes, bags, and staple packs.
Outside be sure to eliminate decaying leaves, stop water holes, and cap channel pipes. Also, dispose of old boxes and papers, secure your garbage bin with a cover. Be sure to clean your kitchen counters, don’t leave pet food outside, and place work screens over windows, depletes, and vents.
Signs of an American Cockroach Infestation?
Cockroaches spotted during the day could be a sign of a large infestation. This is because Cockroaches, in general, like to forage at night or in the dark. Their inclination for dark, wet areas means cockroaches can be found behind refrigerators, under sinks and ovens, inside floor channels, underneath mats, and inside walls.
Cockroach excrement takes after espresso beans or dark pepper, while Larger insects produce tube-shaped droppings. If you have a large infestation, a solid, slick, or stale smelling scent might be available. Oval-molded egg housings can here, and there be found behind furnishings or between books. Be sure to check as many detailed areas as possible.
Should We Apply Pesticide for American Cockroaches?
A pesticide application by a professional is almost always required to eliminate the issue from a home or apartment. This is because the egg cycles will continue to hatch, and the problem could take months to resolve. Make sure you choose a professional company that guarantees the treatments; you will have the issue reoccurring month after month.
How Does EnviroPest Specifically Handle American Cockroaches?
EnviroPest is trained to manage American Cockroaches:
- Inspection – We will inspect and treat the areas of infestation and the areas that are considered high-risk areas within a home—the more extensive and detailed the treatment, the more effective.
- Prevention – Humidity should be reduced if possible in the high-risk areas and any building materials. Moisture should be removed from any site containing highly conductive areas that could create areas of harborage. We can help identify these areas with our clients as we walk through the property.
- Guarantee – We are happy to check after some time on whether the problems have been resolved. Areas should be inspected regularly, considering this issue takes a while to occur and become visible. It also should be guaranteed by a good company after you treat the infestation.
You can also use the onsite chat feature, Free Pest Inspection form on this page, or our online contact form to get in touch with us. Whatever your pest control need, we are happy to help you eliminate it.