We Are Acrobat Ant Exterminators
EnviroPest has been protecting local homes and families for over 30 years. Our acrobat ant exterminators provide various treatments, including our all-natural pest control solutions that will effectively deal with your issue without requiring you to leave the comfort of your home. As a company committed to the organic and proper application of pesticides, our residential pest control solutions have been the right fit for over 100,000 families.
Our Industry-Leading Acrobat Ant Extermination Method
Identification First – Acrobat Ant Biology
Acrobat ants get their name from the way they can lift the abdomen over the thorax when walking. When they do this, they look like a tiny acrobat. Acrobat ants are classified as general ants, or household ants are a broad classification of many ant species. This specific species is 2.5 to 3.3 mm in length and varies in color from light red to brown to black.
Acrobat ants will produce frass in substances including concrete. Colonies do not require control unless the swarmers are entering the home or building. Even then, treatment may be brutal. This is because it is difficult to know precisely where the colony is located under concrete or a foundation—of course, sealing the cracks in the floor where the swarmers enter may stop the swarm from entering a home or building. Unfortunately, the ants may find other gaps. General ants are most often found around and underneath concrete slabs in the house.
Treatment Starts with a Thorough Investigation
These are the main areas to search for acrobat ants around your home:
- Areas constructed of wood
- Yard debris
- Flower beds
- Foundation of your property
- Near trees
- Window and door frames
Our Treatment Process
Acrobat ants can be difficult to locate because they can live in various different conditions. You will find acrobat ants in the same areas you will find other wood-destroying ants. These are areas where there is diffused moisture on the wood from the soil, exterior wall interruptions, or simply weather wear and tear. Outside they will find places like ornamentals (trees and shrubs) and mulch areas. They travel and enter the home like the way Carpenter Ants do by finding branches, wires, or other entry points to forage for food and water.
Who To Hire
What to Look for When Hiring an Acrobat Ant Exterminator
- The pest management company should be licensed by the state and insured.
- Technicians should be certified pest management professionals and fully licensed in New York.
- The company should be a member of a professional organization, like the National Pest Management Association.
- The company should have a staff entomologist or access to one.
- Technicians should have experience with acrobat ant pest control.
- Choose a company on its quality of service, not the price. Research user reviews and testimonials to solidify your choice.
- A pre-inspection should be conducted to assess the scope of the work.
- The proposed work should follow the steps of integrated pest management, not simply pesticide application.
- The EnviroPest Complete Service Guarantee
The EnviroPest Complete Service Guarantee
If at any time between services or your guarantee period, you as a customer of EnviroPest are not satisfied for any reason. We will readdress the area in question at no additional charge. We have serviced over 300,000 homes and businesses over 30 years, and our clients rely on us to stand behind the work we perform.
Our continuous inspection and treatment mean a 100% guarantee as long as you have us on the property.
Our service personnel has been trained and certified with over six (6) years of experience in the pest control field as specialists. We do not advocate or provide seasonal labor or “college kids” to provide applications in or around your family or home. Another reason we are the natural choice in pest control.
ASK THE EXTERMINATOR:
How Serious Are Acrobat Ants? Are They Dangerous?
Acrobat ants will sting if they believe their nesting sites are being threatened. If they do sting, it will be painful, but this is not a common occurrence.
Do Acrobat Ants Cause Damage?
They are most dangerous to your home or property from the damage they will cause. This means they will chew and process the wood in your home. This is especially true if the areas are containing moisture. Often by the time we notice an acrobat ant or any wood destroying ant damage, they have likely been chewing away at sites around the home that can cause thousands of dollars ($) in damage.
How Did I Get Acrobat Ants?
Acrobat ants come from the outside. They will create subcolonies inside the structure or directly outside your property by developing wing reproductive stages. Each of these swarming winged ants will attempt to find a new nesting site to fertilize and start another ants’ colony. These swarming ant stages are likely how they got inside or around your property in the first place.
Should We Apply Pesticide for Acrobat Ants?
The best way to prevent damage and eliminate acrobat ant populations is to treat correctly with various materials. Some pesticides will either allow them to track materials and groom them into the nesting site or prevent them from entering the structure. Ants do this by regurgitating their young. New York State will always recommend that any proper industry materials be applied by a licensed department of environmental conservation professional companies.
How Does EnviroPest Specifically Handle Acrobat Ants?
EnviroPest is trained to manage acrobat ants:
- Inspection – We will inspect and treat the areas of infestation and the areas that are considered high-risk areas within a home. The more extensive and detailed the treatment, the more effective.
- Prevention – Humidity should be reduced if possible in the high-risk areas and any building materials. Moisture should be removed from any site containing highly conductive areas that could create areas of harborage. We can help identify these areas with our clients as we guide through the property.
- Guarantee – We are ready to check after some time on whether the problems have been resolved. However, you should also check trouble areas regularly considering this issue takes a while to occur and become visible; an excellent company should also guarantee it after treating the infestation.
Call Today! (855) GET-ENVIRO
Free Pest Inspection!
Why Choose EnviroPest?
- 24/7 Service Available
- We Stand By Every Service—Guaranteed
- Safe, Effective All-Natural Treatments
- Environmentally Conscious
- Fast, Free Inspections & Estimates