ThereforeBed Bug Inspection:
The common bed bug (Cimex lectularius) has long been a pest feeding on blood, most importantly causing itchy bites and generally irritating their human hosts. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) all consider bed bugs a public health pest. However, unlike most public health pests, bed bugs are not known to transmit or spread disease.
Here Is A List Of Detailed Items To Inspect
Bed bugs may turn up in unexpected places in moderate and large infestations. If the infestation is large, every object in the affected area should be carefully inspected. Bed bugs thrive small cracks and crevices so no item is too large or small for them to find homes in. Therefore, be sure to take your time during a bed bug inspection.
Through our years of experience in bed bug inspection, we’ve found them in such unusual locations as:
- Television and other remote controls, in the battery compartment
- Telephones, cell phones and cordless phones
- Lamps and alarm clocks
- Computers and other electronics
- Cardboard boxes in closets and under the bed
- Children’s toys and stuffed animals
- Jewelry boxes
- Brick walls and “popcorn” or other textured ceilings
- Books, magazines, newspapers, and files
- Inside hollow doors
- Ceiling light fixtures, smoke detectors
- Heating units, air conditioners and ducts
Be sure to inspect these items if you had a bed bug problem recently or suspect you might currently have an issue. It is always better to thoroughly inspect any locations that might have been infested to guarantee you don’t end up with an even larger issue. EnviroPest knowledgeable, trained staff will happily help rid your home of bed bugs!
Call Today! (855) GET-ENVIRO
Moving? Here is some ways to avoid issues after you’ve found them and are clearing things out:
- Step 1 – Laundry: Wash, dry and bag all the laundry and fabrics. Do not take these items back into the apartment. Bag and label all of them at the laundromat and pack them up. Read up on our laundry prep to find out more.
- Step 2 –Bins: Place all the small items in bin. Buy a Steamer (check out our recommended steamer here) and steam everything before placing it into the bin. Throw anything out that you don’t need or want to keep. don’t bother moving it. The less items the better. Steam every square inch of every piece of the item before placing in the bin. Make sure its non-porous and cleaned. Seal the bins and store in a outside location making sure there is no exposure to bed bugs.
- Step 3 – Furniture: Easiest way is to leave or throw out the furniture. If you want to keep the furniture move it to a garage of storage area. Then a professional would come in and treat the furniture and once it dries then move it.
- Step 4 – Final Clean: Remove items from bins. Re steam clean each item before placing it. Also steam and treat all the furniture once you place it in the locations.
If you discover ants, bees, mice or other pest in your home, contact EnviroPest Exterminator NY for immediate relief. Our certified team is educated in the most advanced bed bug protocols and equipped with the state-of-the-art resources necessary for complete eradication of these pests. It’s exterminators NY trusts and we look forward to discussing your issue.